They all seem to have crappy buttons, an even crappier tuner, and in short, have failed to go through any substantial technology update since the advent of the LED clock - over 25 years ago.
Why can't now be the dawning of the age of the modern clock radio?
Here's what I'm looking for in a clock radio:
- Large, adjustable-brightness display.
- Digital tuning, with presets.
- Automatic clock setting.
- RDS - Radio Data Service.
- Very low power consumption.
- Excellent battery backup.
- Reasonable price.
- Decent buttons and switches.